CANNOT ACCESS WEB SITES

NO.6 20:47 23 Mar 2005

I CANNOT GET ON TO MY BANKS (BANK OF SCOTLAND) LOGIN PAGE.I CAN GET ON THEIR MAIN PAGE BUT WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS THE LOGIN PAGE SCREEN SAYS CANNOT FIND SERVER.ALSO ON THE O2 WEB PAGE HALF OF THE SCRIPT IS MISSING.I CAN LOG IN BUT ONLY HALF OF THE INFORMATION IS THERE.ALSO THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.COM MAIN PAGE COMES UP BLANK.THERE DOESNT SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THE SITES THEMSELVES AS I CAN ACCESS THEM FROM ANOTHER PC...ANY IDEAS...!

VoG II 20:53 23 Mar 2005

First, please don't SHOUT.

Look for a file called HOSTS (no file extension). If you are running Windows XP it would be in

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

If you find it, rename to HOSTS.OLD (or whatever), restart and try again.

stalion 20:54 23 Mar 2005
  Jak_1 20:55 23 Mar 2005

Is your antivirus up to fate? Also have you ran antispyware like adaware, spyboy, cwshredder etc.
Can you access other web site ok?

Btw, please use lower case as uppercase is the equivalent of shouting!

Terry Brown 21:00 23 Mar 2005

First--Please do not SHOUT (Capitals are shouting in Internet forums).It sounds as if you have a virus or a trogan which when it meets the banks security system, blocks you out, The same is possible true of your other sites when you meet a 'secure' area. Get a good anti-virus (AVG is quite highly recommended) and a Firewall.Download and run ADAWARE and SPYBOT (both free programs). This should clean up your system, and hopefully allow you to carry out your online banking. If you have spyware etc on your system and you had access to your bank, it is possible for someone to get hold of your details and empty your account.

NO.6 21:00 23 Mar 2005

sorry about the capital letters

lotvic 23:31 23 Mar 2005

well at least they all heard you :))
don't be sad, we've all done sometime!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?