Cannot access my WLM files

Novice Trevor 18:19 18 Oct 2015

Having replaced my old 1 TB HDD with a new SSD (both SATA drives in the same PC), I found all my photos & docs and can access and transfer them from the old HDD F:\ to the new SSD C:\ (thanks to FruitBat, see earlier posting). Trouble is the music files will only transfer one album at a time and my WLM emails and contacts refuse point blank, to come out of hiding. I have programmed Win 7 to show all hidden files and to allow me full access. Then I followed this path :- Start- Drive F:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail--then I "copied to"- Desktop .......and computer he say, "GET LOST!!" All I want to do is to use the old HDD F:\ as a storage for data, the new SSD C:\ as the working drive and to be able (with both using Win 7 64 bit in the same computer) to import/export files between both drives. I've looked through a number of Microsoft help pages, which discuss symlinks, mklinks SymMover/Excel, .csv, .vcf's etc. etc and have come away thoroughly confused. I am sure that I'm not the only one who is in this predicament, so if anyone can help us, we would be extremely grateful.

lotvic 22:19 18 Oct 2015

Other thread referred to: click here

I agree you are confused, however I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do exactly. Your new SSD harddrive will soon fill up if you move your photos and music etc files to it. Why not leave them on your F:\ drive as you say you want to use it for storing your data.

You will need to import your WLM emails etc to your new SSD drives new installation of WLM.

Maybe better to wait for Fruit Bat /\0/\ to try to sort this:

All I want to do is to use the old HDD F:\ as a storage for data, the new SSD C:\ as the working drive and to be able (with both using Win 7 64 bit in the same computer) to import/export files between both drives.

Novice Trevor 09:32 19 Oct 2015

Dear Lotvic, Thanks for taking the time to try and help me. Perhaps I did not explain myself properly, so this is what I want to do. SATA Drive C:\ (the SSD)-- use as a working drive, with only Win7 and my photo editing suites on it. SATA Drive F:\ (the old 1 TB HDD)-- use as a data (photos, docs, music etc) store. Consequently I now need to move files/folders easily between the two drives. So I'm looking for a solution using Win 7 or a simple program that will do it for me. Can anyone help? (By the way I know Microsoft produce an Easy Transfer program, but I only want to transfer photos, emails, doc etc and not all the other clutter that is on my old drive, which is still inside my computer)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)