cannot access hotmail account

westgolf 09:20 29 Sep 2008

I use MSN as my homepage & I have a number of hotmail email accounts.Around 6 days ago I found I was unable to access my usual MSN homepage - so created a new MSN homepage - which works fine. Since the problems began I have been unable to access one of the email accounts.All other accounts function fine.The address book & folders in the account that wont open are important to me & are not backed up - is there some way I can sort the problem ? Thanks.

Technotiger 10:06 29 Sep 2008

Try a System Restore back to a week or so ago.

westgolf 13:12 29 Sep 2008

Thanks for this.Have just restored to 3 days prior to problems & no difference. When I attempt to access the email account the system starts the process & then just hangs & finally displays the standard internet explorer page - web site unavailable etc with list of possible probs ? any more ideas please ?

Technotiger 14:21 29 Sep 2008

Run click here in its default settings.

westgolf 09:32 30 Sep 2008

Thanks for this , downloaded & ran the cc cleaner - no change !any more thoughts please , just the one hotmail account that wont load , !!

Technotiger 17:38 30 Sep 2008

Without cancelling that one account, set it up again, just as you did to begin with. I know this works with Incredimail (using a hotmail address), so I guess there is a good chance it will work for you too.

westgolf 10:40 01 Oct 2008

Sorted ! Thank you ! Best wishes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?