Cannot access Bios on Dell laptop

Blubottle 13:09 04 Jan 2019

I have been given a Dell inspiron 1545 laptop to sort out and install win7. I have win7 installation disk, but during install it stops and displays it cannot intall to this hdd disk because it is GPT style partition. Research tell’s me to get into the bios and change it back to legacy and try again but although I can get into the setting section there is no Bios acess. I’m stuck so can anyone help. Regards

LV426 13:49 04 Jan 2019

You do not need bios for this, the drive you are using needs an MBR style partition at the windows install page, you should be able to delete the existing partitions and then let windows create a new partition. If you are using the original drive they may be a recovery partition, which would restore windows back to factory.

Forum Editor 13:56 04 Jan 2019

"I can get into the setting section there is no Bios acess."

It sounds as if you are referring to the Windows settings - do you mean that?

If there is an existing Windows version on the drive, you can use the disk management utility to manage partitions. The default partition style for Windows 7 32bit is MBR.

Forum Editor 14:01 04 Jan 2019

Two of us posting at the same time, saying the same thing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:48 04 Jan 2019

duplicate thread click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans