Can someone pls clarify Mass Emails vs Email Merge

AroundAgain 15:05 12 May 2018

As the subject says, can someone please clarify what the difference is, if any, between 'mass email' vs personalised email merge, please? This is in respect of GDPR compliance

I am being told that doing an email merge is NOT the same as sending 'mass emails', using a list of contacts but I can't honestly say I can appreciate the difference. Obviously, I don't want to be non-compliant.

When I send such emails, I'm using Office 2010, so Outlook and email merge in Word, the source being contacts in Access

For various reasons, I'd rather not be getting back to the 'experts' at Head Office just now although I appreciate I possibly will have to eventually.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks for any help

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?