Can someone get me started on FTP

450223 07:45 02 Apr 2005

Can someone get me started on FTP What easy to use FTP program (as a free download should I use?). Is there an area on www that I can read, (right from the basics) I have CoreDraw 12 can I/should I use this program or is there an easy to use free download available?

Jeffers22 07:49 02 Apr 2005

google is your friend.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 08:03 02 Apr 2005

Do You Want FTP server or FTP client

Server click here

Client click here click here click here

i dont know what they are like but there may be something there to get you going

Zaphod Beeblebrox 08:11 02 Apr 2005

this may be of some use to you as well
FTP Basics click here

Rigga 10:15 02 Apr 2005

As you have mentioned Corel Draw 12 I wonder if you mean DTP, not FTP.

FTP - File Transfer Protocol - Used for transferring files from server to client.

DTP - Desk Top Publishing - is exactly as it says on the tin.

If you need help on DTP, It's probably best to start a new thread.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick.. (not unusual) then apologies, and the links provided by Zaphod, will sort you out.

HTH.
R.

Pesala 20:01 02 Apr 2005

Then Page Plus SE is free from click here and a lot easier to use than Corel Draw 12 for page layout, graphic design, or wordprocessing.

If you did mean FTP, then FTP Commander is nice and simple to start with: click here

Nelmon2k 20:28 02 Apr 2005

I would recommend globelscapes cuteftp however this is very expensive considering the fact that other clients are just as good at much less or free prices. If you are looking for a good free one the opensource project freezilla is very good. click here

01chris 22:29 02 Apr 2005

have you tried WSFTP I think there is a free download on click here

01chris 22:29 02 Apr 2005

01chris 22:30 02 Apr 2005

450223 14:05 05 Apr 2005

Many thanks so far. OneTel say Their prefered software is Cute FTP Client. I can only find this as a trial software (unless someone knows otherwise)! My reference to Corel 12 is somewhere to create my page/s, I understand the first page needs to be called index.htm... but it's going to be a 'learning curve'for me I think!
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts