Hot Topics

Can someone advise me about viewing photos on a dv

Sneeze1 19:41 03 Nov 2019

Hi i have burned some photos onto a dvd-R disc using Ashampoo, then I tried to view them on my dad's DVD player. It starts off as loading, then comes up with the a yellow bar across saying Root showing a black folder. When we try to view the photo's a message come up saying data error (photo). This is frustrating because the photo's show, but won't play. I never had this problem while using Google Picassa. can someone explain clearly what i could be doing wrong please?

Tried both discs even after finalizing (on Ashampoo) on my dads DVD player, still says photo error. i tried another disc which I had ran through google Picasso through Ashampoo and that worked fine. I can't use Piccassa anymore as that doesn't exist, is there a similar programme to picassa I could use before running through Ashampoo. This is really frustrating me as i want to be able to play my photo's on a TV, just just my PC.

My dads DVD player is a DVP-SRZ60H

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:27 03 Nov 2019

what type of photo file? jpg?

what type of file will the DVD player show? what type of discs are compatible with the player -r +r?

try running a disc cleaner through the player a lot of players don't like the old CD-r discs

wee eddie 21:43 03 Nov 2019

Many older CD and DVD Players require the Disk to be "Finalised" (Closed) before they will play them

x13 07:17 04 Nov 2019

I believe that the free versions of Ashampoo Burning Studios don't have the ability to create a slide show of photos.

BRYNIT 07:18 04 Nov 2019

Can't help with the DVD problem but if the TV has a USB connection you should have instructions in the TV manual on how to view photos/videos from USB. Note: you may need to format the USB to fat32 before copying the photos to USB when view on older TV's.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)