Can this pc work properly? I am new at pc building

ComeOnSon 21:26 17 Sep 2016

Cpu : AMD FX-6300 Box gpu : Gigabyte GeForce GTX960 4GB WindForce 2X OC MotherBoard : Ga-970a-ds3p pcu: Corsair VS Series VS550 80Plus Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Ram : HyperX Fury White 8GB DDR3-1333MHz Case : BitFenix / BitFenix Nova window

OTT_B 12:25 18 Sep 2016

It looks like it'll work, but....

If it's going to be used for gaming then I would go with a HD5970 (or equivalent) graphics card - it will allow for running crossfire in the future if you decide to go that way. The motherboard doesn't support SLI.

Check that the processor includes the heat sink. It looks like it does, but can't hurt to be sure!

If you're going with 8GB RAM then get a 2 x 4GB kit, not a single 8GB DIMM. The motherboard support dual channel RAM so nothing to lose there. The motherboard doesn't have too many USB 3.0 headers. Check that it won't cause connectivity or performance issues for you.

I'd question the lack of SSD drive. It's a big performance gain. If money is an issue then downgrade the graphics card to free up budget for an SSD (that's a personal opinion - others may see it differently!).

The case has no front fan included. Think about buying one to install. It's not critical, but will help with cooling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

Alice Tye on blurring the line between fine art and illustration with Japan as her muse

Best free iPhone games 2019

Comparatif : iPhone XS vs Samsung Galaxy S10