Can I retrieve deleted letter in MS-Word ?

Furkin 12:34 18 Mar 2008

Hi again,
I have just done a stupid thing & deleted a 4 page archived copy of a letter in MS-Word.

When writing a follow up to someone, I usually want to use the exact same heading as the initial letter. (I don’t use the MS-Word Header/foots).
To do this I usually bring up the original letter - then delete the body of it & start the new letter with a couple of words (usually ‘Dear sir’,,,,). I then “SAVE AS > new name” this second letter. This gives me the new file.
I go back to the original & close down - As long as I don’t click “Save” on the original letter, that goes back to the folder in its entirety.
Today tho’, I wanted to name the second letter “STATUS ?”. I now know that the question mark buggers things up,,,,,,, & apart from not saving the second letter, it also saved the original letter, without the deleted body of text. (I say “it” did - of course somewhere along the line, it was the usual idiot that did it ?!)

Simple question - can I get that back ? In vain I looked in the Recycle Bin, to no avail.

I use XP Pro with SP2.

Thanks for reading,,,,

Quiet Life 13:47 18 Mar 2008

This may be of help
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)