Can I Record songs from DVD onto CD/R

Simac 16:22 03 Apr 2005

I want to know if I can record just the soundtracks from a DVD onto a CD/R Disk, as a friend is having problems viewing the DVD on their system I wondered then if I could record the songs onto a CD/R so at least they could hear the songs!!

The Disk is obviously a DVD from a concert and I want to know if I can at least record the soundtrack, using Windows Media Player!!

Technotiger 16:33 03 Apr 2005
  Simac 16:53 03 Apr 2005

Technotiger, thanks for the link but still not sure what I have to do, checked the link where it suggests using smartripper but could not find it anywhere....

Any indications as to what I have to do once on the link?? For I am still no further forward!!

Thanks

Simac 17:00 03 Apr 2005

Still need help for I did a search for smartripper so as i can download the program the problem is I use Windows XP and the program is only compatible with Windows 9x, ME and 2000.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Simac

Technotiger 17:23 03 Apr 2005

Hi, sorry you are not any further - I don't know if there is a solution personally, I just knew about that link I gave you, and hoped it would help. Sorry I cannot be of any more assistance.

Technotiger 17:28 03 Apr 2005

Me again - I think you will find a download site for Smart Ripper here

click here

Magik ®© 17:37 03 Apr 2005

smart ripper works with XP........

Simac 18:13 03 Apr 2005

Yes ok I have now managed to find a site that will be compatible for downloading smart ripper, but found a site that suggests I also need programs called DVD2AVI and Audacity, where does it end I thought smart ripper would be enough!!

Thanks for all your help anyway will now teat it to see if I can get it to work!!

Simac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)