Can I print in B&W if my colour cartrage is dry?

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:00 17 Nov 2003

Hiya guys...
Can I print in B&W if my colour cartrage is dry?And how would I do it.
It's acctually for a friend. She is running windows XP, and has a epsom Stylus C20 UX (If this means anything to anyone).

On another printer question (Mine this time). If I don't have the drivers, nor the windows 98 CD, might as well I chuck my printer in the bin, or ids there a way to set up a printer without them?

©®@$? 21:03 17 Nov 2003

to answer your question about drivers, don't chuck your printer in the bin,you can download drivers from the internet..

what printer have you got

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:07 17 Nov 2003

An Epsom and a HP 690C.

They are acctually in the shed at the moment...Is your advice concreate enogh for me to be getting on the old wellies and trudging down the garden...:@)

[email protected] E 21:07 17 Nov 2003
  Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:09 17 Nov 2003

Will be back soon...:@)

terminus 21:10 17 Nov 2003

Well the Epsom I have won't print unless both cartridges have ink! C680

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:20 17 Nov 2003

Been to shed, got printers, no power leads for either of them....Unbeleavable....However I will save this page, and when I aquire a lead I will set it up...How would I do it...Do I download the specific driver onto my hard drive??

Any ideas on the no colour ink problem?

Meshuga 21:26 17 Nov 2003

Epson printers will not print unless all cartridges have sufficient ink. Dont know about other makes but think same applies. Meshuga.

Paul-Hasn't-a-PC-clue 21:36 17 Nov 2003

I have phoned my mate and told her to get to the shops and buy herself a cartrage....However I have a futher problem you all may be able to help me with....My volume control dial on my speakers do not have any effect on the sound. I have to open the volume control in desktop in order to ajust volume?
I have tried smegs idea of checking at the back of my PC at the graphics card. I have not plugged the speakers into the headphone plug. Anyone any other ideas...Cheers

Djohn 21:48 17 Nov 2003

You have got a wicked sense of humour! Just reading your post above have made me laugh out loud, very descriptive and I feel as though I made the trip to the shed with you.

Good luck with your speaker problem ;o)

DieSse 21:51 17 Nov 2003

I seem to remember the HP690 will print in Black/greycales if the colour cartridge is empty.

The HP needs a transformer/DC power supply - not just a power lead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?