can i have your thoughts on this mb

musiclady 11:02 31 Oct 2003

the A7V8X-MX WITH A 2.4 CPU

[email protected] 11:04 31 Oct 2003

intrested in hearing peoples thoughts about this m/b as i am ordering it tonight

[email protected] 11:16 31 Oct 2003

look @ dabs.com find this mb & there are reviews to read some probs highlighted most say good mb

skeletal 11:40 31 Oct 2003

I bought its cousin, the A7N8X and am running it with a 2700+. I am mostly pleased with mine except it would not allow me to use one USB1 device. ASUS did not reply to an email I sent asking about the problem.

The board was physically bigger than my old one (an MSI something!) so a bit of minor screwdriving and adding of insulating pillars was needed.

The reason I did not go for the V version, in my limited understanding of such things, is that the VIA chipset may have problems with USB compatibility!! Whereas the nVidia chipset is better. Given my only problem was with the USB, I dread to think what a "poorer" version would do!

Try click here they may have some reviews (or do a search, there are loads of geek sites out there that will have much to say!).

Skeletal

MjM Hellfire 11:46 31 Oct 2003

I have the A7V8X with an AMD 2400XP, 1024 PC2700 DDR, SB AUDIGY 5.1 & G-Force Ti4600, Sony DVD & CDRW plus two 40gb hard drives and it is excellent.

The board has never gave me any problems at all and I always buy ASUS motherboards for my home network.

It has a nice little utility that automatically flashes your BIOS as well if needed, so the days of worrying about flashing the old bios are over...just back it up 1st: it gives you that option as well.

A very good buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)