Can anyone help on a file viewing issue

shreked 12:40 19 Jul 2018

Hi

Donno even know if this can be done but will give it a try. I have a subfolder that is 7zipped and has a auto extract to C:\DOWNLOADS

I extract OK and open the folder and launch the app .

What im trying to do is when the app is closed can I somehow get the subfolder to delete and all its data inside it too?

Thanks

Taff™ 18:27 19 Jul 2018

Maybe I'm missing something but unzip the folder to it's own folder in Downloads.

Delete the ZIP File. Delete the sub-Folder.

Re-zip it without that sub-Folder

shreked 20:56 19 Jul 2018

90% there.. Yes unzip the folder to its own folder in downloads thats correct

Then the UNZIPPED folder when the person has opened the folder and finished using it delete the folder or if I cant do that automatically delete the unzipped folder after 3 hours of opening.

Im trying to not have loads of unzipped folders left in C:\DOWNLOADS and need them deleting either after 3 hrs of opening or when person closes the program that was opened in the folder concerned.

Taff™ 08:39 20 Jul 2018

Not sure if that can be automated.

Is this on a network share or is it just you working on the files?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)