Hot Topics

Cache running slow how do I fix this?

laptopdunce 13:43 09 Feb 2017

I have notice that ebay in particular is running very slow on my laptop, I regularly clear the history on google chrome browser and do the disk clean up regularly but when I am on ebay (in particular) I notice that it is taking a very long time for the pages to load and in the lower left side of the screen I see a little message saying "waiting for cache". Is it it the cache that is causing sites to run slower than normal and how can I fix this, my laptop is an Acer 1tb with only about 50gb being used with the docs and photo folders. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 10:13 10 Feb 2017

OK I have reset chrome from the first option in the settings on chrome (the 2nd otion looks a bit complicated as I cant remember my computers own name and not sure what to back up) will see how it goes with the Chrome reset, thanks laptopdunce

geoff96 19:27 10 Feb 2017

Try turning off JavaScript.

Click chrome menu icon .

Scroll down and select " show advanced settings"

Select content settings

Then select " do not allow any site to run JavaScript"

Then run eBay.

You can reverse the option anytime you like.

lotvic 23:43 18 Feb 2017

Wee eddie AFAIK path to Edge cache, history, cookies etc etc (have show hidden files and folders enabled)
C:\Users\yourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\ and have a nosey in the various subfolders

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Trump issues executive orders to restrict TikTok and WeChat in the US

Yuke Li's 'pencil' drawings are entirely digital

Apple Breakfast: New iMacs on sale now!

Les meilleurs bracelets connect├ęs (2020)