Hot Topics

Cache running slow how do I fix this?

laptopdunce 13:43 09 Feb 2017

I have notice that ebay in particular is running very slow on my laptop, I regularly clear the history on google chrome browser and do the disk clean up regularly but when I am on ebay (in particular) I notice that it is taking a very long time for the pages to load and in the lower left side of the screen I see a little message saying "waiting for cache". Is it it the cache that is causing sites to run slower than normal and how can I fix this, my laptop is an Acer 1tb with only about 50gb being used with the docs and photo folders. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 10:13 10 Feb 2017

OK I have reset chrome from the first option in the settings on chrome (the 2nd otion looks a bit complicated as I cant remember my computers own name and not sure what to back up) will see how it goes with the Chrome reset, thanks laptopdunce

geoff96 19:27 10 Feb 2017

Try turning off JavaScript.

Click chrome menu icon .

Scroll down and select " show advanced settings"

Select content settings

Then select " do not allow any site to run JavaScript"

Then run eBay.

You can reverse the option anytime you like.

lotvic 23:43 18 Feb 2017

Wee eddie AFAIK path to Edge cache, history, cookies etc etc (have show hidden files and folders enabled)
C:\Users\yourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\ and have a nosey in the various subfolders

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Report says rental e-scooters will be legal on UK roads from Saturday

How are agencies approaching hiring creatives of colour?

Big Sur brings us closer to a Mac/iPad hybrid... or does it?

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)