Cable splitters/adapters

  alfredgerald 14:44 30 Dec 2008

My son wants to run his X Box 360 on our internet connection.
It signal enters the PC via a modem. He has been told that we can buy an adapter/splitter. i.e one outlet for the PC and one for the X Box. is this possible or is there a better way?

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:55 30 Dec 2008

What type of modem?

click here

  alfredgerald 15:03 30 Dec 2008

A broadband speedtouch with USB connector to PC

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:07 30 Dec 2008

Then its internet connection sharing on my link abov.e

  alfredgerald 15:12 30 Dec 2008

Thanks Fruit Bat. I have been told there is a splitter that will allow the X Box to be used without having the PC switched on. Know anything?

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:49 30 Dec 2008

To do that you will need a modem router.
You can then connect either with wire or wireless.

  alfredgerald 15:53 30 Dec 2008

Its not just a case of plugging in a 2 way splitter then?

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 30 Dec 2008

I don't think you can split the signal via a modem USB

  alfredgerald 18:01 04 Jan 2009

Thanks Fruit Bat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans