C D-RW Software for use with win 2000

Paisley 16:09 12 Nov 2003

can anyone reccomend a good proram for my cd-rw drive to use with windows 2000 as I have installed the stuff that came with the drive and cannot burn anything

jimv7 16:11 12 Nov 2003

Nero from click here

Paisley 17:12 12 Nov 2003

hi I have already got nero 5.5 but the problem is I cannot see disks in this drive, win2000 recognises the drive but will not see any disks what can I do

TommyRed 17:25 12 Nov 2003

Have you upgraded to the latest version from the Nero site click here . also it could be the type of media you are using, try and change the CD's for another quality brand. HTH TR

Paisley 17:41 12 Nov 2003

have tried to download latest version of nero but it will not donload, have also tried various types of media with no luck

MichelleC 17:54 12 Nov 2003

Have you got sp4?

Paisley 20:00 12 Nov 2003

yes I have installed sp4 still no luck

Alan2 20:53 12 Nov 2003

I've just had a similar problem having changed a read only CD/DVD drive to a CD-RW one. Whilst the BIOS and system manager could see the drive it disn't show up on "my computer".

However, when exploring drive management and looking at the drive letters I noticed that the CDD was now F: whereas the previous one was U: (due to drive conflict problems).

When I changed the drive to U: everything became operational and I'm now burning away.

I hope this helps.

Alan.

critic-al 20:59 12 Nov 2003

In nero isn't there something in tools that performs a test on all drives? having not used nero myself,i am a roxio user, but i'm sure someone will offer you the instructions for this.also have you tried "aspi check"?
click here

Paisley 21:17 12 Nov 2003

the drive is E: it has never been installed on any other drive but I will try and change it, I downloaded the drive checker and it says all is ok but I still cant get the drive to see any cd's in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)