Buzzing sound from speakers (also on mute) Asus N7

Catalin C 09:04 02 Aug 2018

Dear all,

Recently I bought an Asus N705UD with i5 8250U and Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB. I figured it is enough as I play games only occasionally. The laptop has an incredible display, sound system and paired with the SSD it is also really fast.

Everything was fine until I muted the sound while some video on youtube was playing in background. Then I noticed a constant buzzing sound from the speakers. That sound is amplified if I scroll on a page while the video is playing. Then I installed a game to check if the buzzing can be heard also in-game. Guess what, the buzzing gets even worse, a lot louder and coil-whine was also noticeable.

What I tried and noticed so far: - first of all, and most important probably, if I disable the speakers from Sounds -> Playback the noise stops, even the coil whine in game stops - buzzing can't be heard in headphones - installed multiple versions of Realtek audio drivers, did not change anything - windows updated - enhancements from Sounds appear to be disabled

Please note that I bought the laptop from Germany during a trip there and I live in another country, so returning the product is unfortunately not an option, even if I would very much like to do it...

Thanks in advance for any advice/opinion!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL