Buying Windows 7

Alan-Petrie 17:59 11 Aug 2009

I have decided to be bold and buy a copy of windows 7, but before that just some quick questions.

First off how many pc can use a single key?

Secondly I notice home premium doesn't have "XP Mode" is this something worth having?

Finally whats the cheapest you have seen a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium retail scan has it delivered for £77.79 by the time its delivered.

Thanks Alan

GaT7 18:43 11 Aug 2009

"First off how many pc can use a single key?" - only ONE

XP Mode is only worth having if you have software/hardware that doesn't run in Win7. Note that XP Mode requires a CPU capable of hardware virtualisation to work (run SecurAble click here to check this from within Windows). An XPMode-like arrangement may be achieved by using free hard drive virtualisation tools, e.g. VirtualBox click here. Compare Win7 versions at Wiki click here.

Well, as the deadline for pre-orders is over (expired couple of days ago), £77.79 will most probably be the best. But if you use a free delivery option you can get it for less click here = £69.75. Free delivery via click here (easier) or click here.

Also have a look at the PCA dedicated Win7 forum section click here. G

GaT7 18:44 11 Aug 2009

Sorry, this is the correct Win7 PCA forum link click here. G

GaT7 18:51 11 Aug 2009

'Well, as the deadline for pre-orders for the earlier discounted prices has expired....'

orienne21 20:20 11 Aug 2009

click here

Best price I could find was at Currys.

£69.93 and free delivery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?