Buying new charger (Old 6.32A) and (new 6.3A)

Scorpion123 10:51 16 Apr 2019

Hello. I need to buy a new charger for laptop. The old one was 19V 6.32A. The new one that I want to buy is 19V 6.3A. Both have the same polarity. My Question: is it ok to buy the new charger with 0.2A less than the old one? I read that the (A) should be same or higher so I am not sure. Thanks

alanrwood 11:49 16 Apr 2019

I can't see that being an issue as it is well within the tolerance of the charging circuits.

wee eddie 15:22 16 Apr 2019

0.02 Amps will be neither here nor there. It might take an almost immeasurable amount longer, to charge

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:40 16 Apr 2019

It will be fine as the voltage, current, and polarity are correct the only other thing you need to check is the size of the jack plug pins

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)