Buying First Laptop! **Help please**

Ark94 04:33 15 Feb 2010

Hey everybody, so I am looking for a laptop for my 16th. First laptop my parents are going to be buying me, and my first laptop ever.

Basically here is what I am looking for –
Price: 500-700 CAN
Speed: Preferably fast. Able to multi task, and have a game open and not slow down much
Graphics: Looking for some good graphics. Just enough to play Wow at max, and play Sims 2 maybe.
Memory: Not much of a concern, have a 500GB external harddrive but bigger would be better.
Outputs: Does not matter much, some HDMI, VGA or DVI would be nice but doesn’t matter.
Screen Size: Something that is good for watching movies on, and playing Wow.
Brand: Anything if you can help prove it is reliable. I hear a lot of good things about Toshiba.

So I am going to be using it for school mainly, and maybe Wow if I can. Just would like it to be the BEST bang for the buck. Nothing online, I am going to go to either futureshop or bestbuy and buy one. I live in Canada so if you can go on the sites and maybe search around and help. I will also post some maybe you can give some suggestions.
Futureshop.ca
Bestbuy.ca

So here are a few I found. I have heard people suggesting that #1 and #2 are good. Not sure about the other 2 yet. I want a reliable laptop that won’t *[email protected]:ing break or *[email protected]: like that.

1. click here
2. click here
3. click here
4. click here

tullie 04:59 15 Feb 2010

Just whilst you are waiting for answers,the size of your memory is not the size of the internal/external hard drive.

Ark94 13:39 15 Feb 2010

Hahah my bad,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?