Bush tv won't power up. Burnt PCU

Brucey20 19:11 16 May 2018

So i have a 40inch Bush tv model number LCD40884F1080P

Will not turn on or show any signs of life, opened it up and see a part of the power supply board burnt next to were the prongs in which the power supply is connected. I'm assuming it's going need a new PCU so if anyone has one for sale?

alanrwood 10:04 17 May 2018

The question is what caused the Power supply to burn up. It could be a fault somewhere else in the circuitry which would burn up any new Power board.

Brucey20 12:40 17 May 2018

How would i be able find this out?

alanrwood 15:05 17 May 2018

If you need to ask that question then you don't have the expertise to try. Leave it to a professional is my advice.

Brucey20 15:07 17 May 2018

I'll just search it up on youtube then, I'm no professional but I'm learning

alanrwood 18:40 17 May 2018

Playing around inside a TV is dangerous even if switched off. You could easily get a fatal electric shock. U-Tube is not the fountain of all knowledge. Don't risk it is the best advice I can give.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 17 May 2018

you need to take it to a TV repair shop and get a quote, you're probably looking at £60-£80 there fore depending on the age of the TV it may be better to put the money towards a new TV.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Gamescom 2018: Announcements, livestreams and exhibitors

Coca-Cola goes into the red with a brand new redesign

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

Comment réinitialiser un iPhone ?