burnt DVD will not play on my DVD player?

Monty101 15:33 23 Nov 2008

Have burnt DVD+R with NERO 9 & it plays brill.Have burnt on a DVD+RW AND IT WONT PLAY ON dvd PLAYER?.Have tried all i can think of,Laptop & DVD player both compatable with all disk formats.Please can u help?.

bremner 15:35 23 Nov 2008

Have you finalised the DVD RW?

Monty101 16:17 23 Nov 2008

nice 1 bremner,but nero does finalizing auto,DVD+RW has got film on it but wont play on dvd player.had no probs with dvd+r,that plays on any dvd player.THANKS ANYWAY.

Pineman100 16:55 23 Nov 2008

Rewritable optical disks (CD and DVD) can often give problems. Probably best if you transfer the contents to a DVD+R.

DieSse 17:23 23 Nov 2008

As Pineman100 says - many DVD players are not specified to play DVD RW disks. Their reflectivity is quite different to DVD R disks.

MCE2K5 19:48 23 Nov 2008

As above have said.

Also if using +R & +RW dvd's you might need to change the Book/Bit Type setting (I have to with an old Toshiba DVD Player) by changing them to DVD-Rom's,

Read this, BookType BitSetting FAQ click here But it depends on your Make of DVD Writer.

Monty101 23:16 23 Nov 2008

THANKS GUYS.Am a bit new to this,first time i have used DVD+RW,and have burnt a few DVD+R WITH SAME PROGRAMMES WITHOUT A PROBLEM.Its done me head in all weekend.NICE 1,Many thanks...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?