burning photos on to dvd?

User-F2431D4F-62D0-4437-928506E1A8EE85F7 15:32 30 Jun 2006

Does anybody know of any freebie programs which enable me to back up my photos on to dvd and transfer on to another hd as I have tried numerous times with drag to dvd/cd/drive and it comes up showing it there but when you click to get the item to work nothing?

Thanks for any help.

Stuartli 15:44 30 Jun 2006

You can't burn photo files merely by dragging and dropping them to a CD drive, you have to use a burning programme such as Nero.

If you use a CD-R in multisession form you can add photo files (or anything else for that matter) to a CD-R until it is full (Finalise it before the last burning session).

Make sure you keep a proper record of what is on the disk and do at least two copies in case one ever gets damaged.

Full details of how to create and add to multisession disks is provided on the Nero website in the Help section (download the manual).

Noldi 08:30 02 Jul 2006

Photos on a disk is not the best way to back up photos, as suggested above CDs get broken and very easy in my experience, OK write them on a disk to show friends but you should use a external hard drive if the photos are of any value to you.
You can write to disc with Windows media player and this you should have on your computer, Or right click the photo and send to G? or what letter your CD writer is.

Noldi

Stuartli 08:49 02 Jul 2006

I have multisession CD-Rs containing photo files backups which are at least four years old in some cases and I have no problem in either reading them or using them to transfer the files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs