Burning an ISO file to dvd

hiwatt 16:22 10 Nov 2014
Answered

Hi folks.I have a video that is in iso format that I would like to burn to DVD for play in a regular dvd player. Would Ashampoo be able to do this or would I need something like Img burn? I don't want to convert/compress it as I want to keep the quality as close to the original as possible as it is old footage. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you.

lotvic 16:53 10 Nov 2014

An .iso file is an image of a disk. You can use any burning program that is capable of burning .iso files

First thing to do is rightclick on the .iso and choose Copy then click on a blank part in the folder and rightclick and Paste You now have a backup copy of the .iso file so can proceed confident that if you mess up you have an original backup copy.

If you want to play/watch the .iso video that you have then you can use free program VLC which can open and play .iso files click here

hiwatt 16:57 10 Nov 2014

Thank you Lovtick. That's what I've been doing,watching it on the computer with VLC player but I want to copy it as is to a dvd-r for someone else so they can watch it on their regular dvd player. Can you recommend one such program that will do this for me? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 10 Nov 2014

Ashampoo will do it see any here

lotvic 17:07 10 Nov 2014

You have Ashampoo? which version of Burning Studio? Usually it's:

Go to "Create/Burn Disc Images" and then "Burn a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Disc from a Disc Image."

Click "Browse" to select the ISO file you want to burn to disc and then click "Next."

hiwatt 17:27 10 Nov 2014
Answer

Yeah Ashampoo done it just fine.Thank you very much folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)