Burning a DVD to play on any DVD player

RD9 21:34 12 Jun 2017

I have made a very short video using Photo Story and I can burn it to DVD using Windows Media Player, but the disc will not play on my DVD player. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that I can download to accomplish this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:06 13 Jun 2017

You need to put the disk back in to windows and "finalise" it befor it wil play on an external player.

click here

alanrwood 19:21 13 Jun 2017

Depends on what file type you have used for the file and what type of files the player is licensed to play. Need more info.

lotvic 20:47 13 Jun 2017

Take your pick from PCA Downloads section click here The top one 'Any Video Converter' is good.

RD9 01:15 14 Jun 2017

Fruit Bat - I followed your instructions first, as I had already burned my video to disk. However, Windows 10 doesn't give me the option to close session.

alanrwood - The file type is WMV. I have made these videos before & had no trouble converting them to play on an ordinary DVD player using DVD Maker. Unfortunately, Microsoft, in their wisdom, have not included DVD Maker with Windows 10.

lotvic - I downloaded Any 'Video Converter' and burned my video to disk again. All seemed well when the video started to play on the TV, but it stopped after about 90 seconds, any ideas? Will have another go tomorrow.

Thanks all for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs