Burning CDs but no sound to go with the video.

dolphinaber 21:59 26 Jun 2009

I am trying to burn CD discs of a stage amateur show I took with my digital camera. I used to be able to do this but now I find I cant get the sound to come on with the picture. It mentions `Not supported audio format. OK when played on the PC but not on a player.
Thank you

Audio~~Chip 23:24 26 Jun 2009

a codec for your Audio or your Audio Driver is missing or corrupt. Do you have Cyberlink Power DVD or maybe WinDVD software installed ?

Do you see the little horn picture on the bottom right of the screen near the clock ?

dolphinaber 20:29 27 Jun 2009

Hi Thanks Ive just looked in start search and I do have Cyberlink in fact I have been using power 2 go to burn with along with other burners.
The horn you mention might be one I clicked on from which Realtex came up seemed to have something to do with audio. How am I doing

dolphinaber 20:31 27 Jun 2009

Forgot to mention the discs that come up with no sound the people on it seem to be fatter and not very clear !

Stuartli 21:06 27 Jun 2009

Download and install the K-Lite Full Audio and Video Codecs Pack from:

click here

and choose Number 8 from the drop down menu when installing (unless you also want to include the Windows Classic Media Player).

Also check that the Realtek on-board sound (or sound card) is Enabled as the Default Audio Device (from Start>Settings>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Audio and Voice tabs).

dolphinaber 21:32 27 Jun 2009

Thank you Stuart. I clicked on your suggestion and have a vast number of green down loads on the right to click on but cant see Number 8.

Stuartli 00:06 28 Jun 2009

You've misread my posting...:-)

You download the Pack (click on "latest download" link from top right of screen); when you Install the Pack there is an initial screen with a drop down menu.

Scroll down the menu to Number 8 (says something on the lines of Lots of Stuff) and OK it.

The "vast number of green downloads" underneath the link are previous versions of the Pack.

dolphinaber 10:26 28 Jun 2009

Sorry but Im very thick I suppose when you get nearer to 90 than 80 you are entitled to be:-(
I have managed to download from top right hand corner as suggested but no sign of a dropdown afterwards with No8 in it.
Re Realtek Cant find Sound and Audio devices in Control Panel only Sounds and nothing in there.
What should I do now please?

Stuartli 10:44 28 Jun 2009

Have you started to Install the K-Lite Pack?

The panel will appear as you progress and the drop down menu (with a downwards arrow on the right) should appear - select Number 8 (Lots of Stuff etc).

You should have a Sounds and Audio Devices listing in Control Panel.

Depending on how old your system is, you may have either a standard or HD Realtek chipset - you can download and install the correct drivers from:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?