burning CDs from audio cassette

storms end 22:46 16 Nov 2004

After copying the music via Nero into Windows Media Library, I find that the time for each track is extended. EG; a track that is 3 minutes long is listed as 58 minutes and it will only allow 3 or 4 tracks on a CD. I think I'm missing something very simple and basic here. Please help if you can, Lyn

stlucia 12:49 17 Nov 2004

From your post I'm not sure what steps you've taken. Usually the sequence is (putting it briefly):-

1. Connect tape machine to PC sound card, and record and save tracks onto your hard disk. You'll be using some audio software for this -- most possibly something that came with the sound card -- and you can save them anywhere on your disk.

2. Select "Create a music CD" option in your burning software, and then drag over whatever tracks you want from your hard disk. You'll probably get the opportunity to insert song titles and artists at this stage.

3. Put a bland CD-R in your burner, and click on Burn or OK, or whatever the button is to start burning.

Does this basically reflect what you were doing? Also, are you on Windows XP?

stlucia 12:51 17 Nov 2004

... it may be bland, but a blank CD-R would be better! (step 3)

DKC 14:36 17 Nov 2004

You could record using the fre software from Audacity at click here.
After recording, export as a WAV. file.
Then use this when producing the music cd.

DKC 14:36 17 Nov 2004

You could record using the free software from Audacity at click here.
After recording, export as a WAV. file.
Then use this when producing the music cd.

storms end 00:08 18 Nov 2004

Thankyou for your responses.
Stlucia - Yes, this is basically what I have done. I am using Windows XP and Nero Wave Editor. I don't understand the time-scales that result in the list of saved tracks. Although a track is only 3-5 minutes duration, when I save it to my media libray, it can be up to 50 or more minutes, so that the system only allows up to 3 tracks to be burnt to a blank CD. There is no problem with copying a CD. I can copy a cassette without spaces but of course this means I cannot have individual tracks; only one long track that includes all the songs. Any more ideas will be welcome, Thanks again to you and to DKC for your time, Lyn

josie mayhem 00:24 18 Nov 2004

have you actual played these extended tracks to see what happens?

do they play at normal speed?

fast slow?

what version of windows/nero?

storms end 20:41 18 Nov 2004

Yes they play at normal speed. I found that sometimes there two tracks joined together.
Windows XP
Nero 5.5
Hope this answers your questions and thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?