Hot Topics

Burn PDF file to CD or DVD Disc

tonyq 16:20 28 Jan 2020

Hi, I need to burn a PDF file (3MB)to disc, for viewing on a TV via dvd player. Does it matter if it is to CD or DVD ?

wee eddie 16:52 28 Jan 2020

Don't wish to dishearten you but, I don't think that a TV will be able to read a PDF off a CD or DVD.

I think that you'll need to connect a Computer to the TV, to be able to do that

x13 16:53 28 Jan 2020

Possibly convert the PDFs to jpegs and use a burning software that has the ability to create slideshows on CDs. Just a suggestion though as never done it.

tonyq 17:36 28 Jan 2020

Thank you wee eddie & x13, never thought of converting the PDFs to jpegs good idea. Will give it a try.

tonyq 18:01 28 Jan 2020

Suggestions for resolution of pictures please,and CD or DVD ?. At the moment they are 11.693 inch x 6.577 inch x 300 pixels per inch.

x13 06:48 29 Jan 2020

I'm afraid you're on your own there as far as I'm concerned as never done it. If you have a DVD-RW disc you can experiment without wasting a pile of them. If you need to split PDFs to single pages to convert to jpegs then have a look at PDFsam Basic . Good luck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 29 Jan 2020

Alternative

put it on your phone and then cast the phone to the TV

tonyq 20:04 30 Jan 2020

Hi all, I have now got them all as jpegs on a usb stick,named with a number eg WHS (1) WHS (2)ect. The problem is when I put the usb in the TV to play they are shown in a incorrect order which is no good,I have tried different names to no avail.help please.

x13 20:23 30 Jan 2020

I don't know if it will make a difference but numbering files and folders should be done with two digits, ie, WHS01 - WHS02 etc.

wee eddie 20:28 30 Jan 2020

It may not recognise the () symbols

x13 20:53 30 Jan 2020

Try batch renaming in file explorer.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Can Art Book publishing weather the current crisis?

New MacBook Pro 2020 release date

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique