burn aware says "unable to detect a recorder"

losmil 15:43 25 Aug 2010

I have downloaded a disk burner from pc advisor called burn aware
but when I ask it to burn a data dvd it tells me the it is "unable to detect a recorder.
I have 2 sata dvd writers installed but no joy, my dvd writers are set up on sata 3 and sata 1 plugs, same result on both writers, any idea where i am going wrong?

losmil 17:06 25 Aug 2010

you may well be right re administrator rights, I could not download burnaware in normal xp because it wanted admin rights even though i am the administrator, so i did manage in safe mode but i suspect it still has not recognise me as administrator and now i have to persuade it i am the administrator, but how?

TheGreatPlague 02:12 24 Sep 2010

hi, I got burn aware with my computer so i started to use it some time for music or stuff like that but then I downloaded a game from internet and my burn aware fuck top. and now a message appears every 30min to 2h. So I tryed to uninstall it but it wont show it nowhere and even when I go to the unistall program thing it wont show it. I tryed reinstalling it from internet but it still did the same thing. so I tryed to delete the one from the internet but it di'int work. so now I don't know what to do so plz some one help me. and I did a scan for viruses but their is none on my computer and I have CCleaner and i made it clean my computer but it still did it and now i don't know what to do. Maybe I should defrage my computer? If u know what to do plz help me. thx

rawprawn 07:51 24 Sep 2010

System Restore to a time before you installed it?

TheGreatPlague 20:52 24 Sep 2010

i don't understand? And I did a defrage and it still does it but I din't restart my computer yet cause I am dl a game from steam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?