Bump ?

  Technotiger 15:58 21 Nov 2004

Pardon my ignorance ........ bump? what? and how?

  Graham ® 16:03 21 Nov 2004

It is used to send a thread back up the list to bring it to everyones' attention. You can use any word or character, just enter it as a response. In some circles (mine) it is 'queue kicking'.

  stalion 16:04 21 Nov 2004

bump is used to put your post back to the top of the listing if you are waiting for a reply to a request for help.Anything can be put there but the official word is refresh

  Graham ® 16:05 21 Nov 2004


  pj123 16:06 21 Nov 2004

This is a way of keeping a posting to the top of the list. It doesn't have to be "bump" it can be anything, like . or , or any other keyboard key you like to press. Obviously, if you are interested in the thread it would be better to post a positive response.

  Technotiger 16:11 21 Nov 2004

Many thanks to you all - never to old to learn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?