Built my first pc and concerned about stupid thing

at0m11c 13:09 15 Jun 2017

So I decided to build my first PC and everything went fine and I got it all working. Today I started thinking that I had plastic cover on gtx 1070 that I pulled of and that is all fine. But I did not even check if there was any plastic(or something similar) cover under or on top of the cpu, I have a ryzen 7 1700. Should i be worried because the cpu can get warm and I dont want the plastic(or something similar) if there is any to melt or something.

Do I need to remove my fan and see if the cpu got anything on it?

Yeah I know it is a stupid question maybe but this is my first time I build a PC and I dont want it to break hehe.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:22 15 Jun 2017

and I got it all working.

If there had been a plastic cover the cpu would have overheated and shut down within 10 seconds :0)

Assume You added thermal paste between cpu and heatsink cooler?

at0m11c 13:26 15 Jun 2017

Yes the cpu came with wraith spire cooler with pre-applied thermal paste, So you think everything is fine?

Old Deuteronomy 14:43 15 Jun 2017

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ says, you must have removed the plastic cover for it to work at all. The AMD Wraith cooler is a big step up from other coolers bundled with new CPUs but, is still not as effective as the better third party CPU coolers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 15 Jun 2017

Yes its fine. click here

at0m11c 16:06 15 Jun 2017

Thanks, I mean now when i think about it is almost impossible for the cpu to even fall into place into the socket if there was any plastic between.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?