BT Yahoo e-mails not displaying on Android units

compumac 09:58 01 Apr 2019

I use BT Yahoo e-mail mostly and find that today BT Yahoo is displaying my e-mails OK on my main PC and my laptops, but all of my Android units, phones and tablets that also display those same e-mails do not show any of the the e-mails for today at all.

Similarly I use Microsoft Outlook and that also does not display e-mails for today . My Gmail account works perfectly OK.

Any suggestions?

KEITH 1955 10:46 01 Apr 2019

You seem to have the opposite problem to me , I had to put yahoo mail app on my tablet because the Samsung email app would not sync. On my pc mozilla thunderbird cant talk to the bt server and if I go onto the server itself I get the standard "we have a problem bubble"

As a bt customer , like me , you cant do anything about it. Over the past 6 months at least this has become a regular problem , everything works ok then for a few days the bt server refuses to talk to anything. Ignore the problem comments on the home page you can still look at emails clicking the top right email tab , yes its a pain but the only choice is move to another isp ….. am thinking of doing just that.

BTW... if you ring the help desk ( in india ) you will hear loads of operators in the background telling customers they have a virus , to the best of my knowledge this has been their stock answer for at least the past 16 years.

compumac 10:53 01 Apr 2019

Keith 1955

I have only had this happen this morning in all the years that I have had a BT e-mail account.

On the Androids today it just does not synchronise.

compumac 15:13 01 Apr 2019

Update

I have tried all manner of things this morning and suddenly -

Bingo, it now seems to function correctly in that all units can see up to date e-mails.

I do not know what I did, if anything , but..............

KEITH 1955 15:52 01 Apr 2019

you did not do anything ! bt seems to be more trouble than they are worth I have had nothing but problems ever since I have been with them , I am currently writing to steam and all other games companies to ask how I access my accounts using the email address of another provider , ready for when I decide to quit bt.

there home hub is on version 6 and until recently they refused to give me version 5 ( I was using version 2 ) and only caved in when I said version 5 free replacement or I quit to another company.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans