BT-YAHOO BROADBAND BROWSER

mbp 15:31 08 Feb 2005

(1) Can anyone tell me the size of this browser? I have a feeling that it will be quite a massive browser, seeing all the functions that it contains.
(2) As it is not my default browser, can I safely place it into Manual instead of Automatic Startup?

ACOLYTE 16:02 08 Feb 2005

I dont know the size of the browser i dont use it i use IE one and never start the BT yahoo one
i dont know what you mean by automatic start up mine doesnt start automatically.

mbp 17:29 08 Feb 2005

acolyte, I would like to reduce the programs that load up on Booting-up. I assume that if you click on Start>Run>msconfig>OK The System Configuration Utility Dialog Box opens. Click on Start Up and the list gives the programs that startup at Bootup.

The Startup item MotiveSB refers to:C://Program~1/BTYahoo~1/SmartB~1/MotiveSB.exe
the box is ticked. Assuming this means that it is Automatic Startup. By unticking it, the item becomes Manual, and by deleting it, it's gone. Of course it is also possible to use "Win Patrol" to configure the programs. Probably clearer using Win Patrol.

ACOLYTE 12:18 09 Feb 2005

I have looked in msconfig and i dont have MotiveSB in there in fact the only thing i can see in there that is BT related is gsicon,and dslagent and these are for my BT modem.

mbp 12:18 09 Feb 2005

Has anyone slimmed down their Startup programs to reduce Bootup time? Or slimmed down the System Configuration Utility? How effective is it?

mbp 20:30 10 Feb 2005

Acolyte, as you have not installed BT-YahooBroadband Browser, you will not have MotiveSB on your Startup menu. For those who have installed the BT-YBB browser, I unchecked mine at the startup menu and found that my shut down time was considerably faster. My boot up time also show some improvement but not as significant. However, the BTY browser icon still remains on my task bar and it is no problem starting it from there.

ACOLYTE 10:40 11 Feb 2005

Actually i have got the BT Yahoo browser installed as i said i just dont use it,but i to have a startup for it on my taskbar and a short cut on the desktop.But i havent got MotiveSB in msconfig,strange,but cool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?