BT openworld HELP

paul654 16:45 16 Aug 2003

I've been using BT openworld (surftime) succesfully for the past 3 years on my old PC. This week I purchased a new PC and I'm trying to transfer my account to the new machine. I've downloaded the up to date openworld surftime software and I've tranfered all my settings word for word yet every time I dial up I am told That I have been unsuccesful logging on and I am directed to an openworld help site which gives me the option to download the latest software...which I have done a dozen times. I have noticed something strange though...My openworld password contains 13******'s but everytime I check my settings there are 15****'s, where are the extra 2**'s coming from? no matter how many times I fill in my password these two extra ** appear, why???? someone suggested it may be the result of a firewall but I aren't using one at the moment. Any suggestions...I'm desperate to get online with my new PC.
And before anyone suggests I ring BT helpline, I already have...they were useless, and I was lumbered with a large bill for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Forza Horizon 4 review

Be Warned Mac users - Mojave Breaks Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs