bt hub 5 ,can't use 5ghz connection

[email protected] 14:51 03 Nov 2015

Today I have installed hub 5 BT ,since that time i can no longer use 5ghz connection it is showing but i can't go on it message displayed says "can't connect to this network " ssid changed ,smart set up disabled, Realtek 8821AE wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC here any idea ??? I was fine on hub 4 no problems using both 2 and 5 ghz as far as I know hub is ok this what Bt claim so I'm really confused here thx for any clues

Govan1x 15:22 03 Nov 2015

Just set it to the 2.4ghz selection and it should work ok using that.

[email protected] 15:34 03 Nov 2015

Thanks for the replay ,well it works fine on 2.4 ghz but in my case it is all about that speed which not accessible with 2.4 I have to add that my fast connection is only "fast" from a name cuz I'm far away form the exchange .

Govan1x 15:42 03 Nov 2015

All a bit confusing so maybe have a read. This is basically to set it to the 2.4ghz not sure if it also connects to the 5Ghz

Click here

No doubt someone will be able to give you a better fix. My Computer and laptop will only connect to the 2.4Ghz connection using Virginmedia.

[email protected] 16:20 03 Nov 2015

I have already done this ,confused here really . I was ok using 2 and 5 ghz on hub4 no problems at all with 5 things are different and I don't have clue why .I'm not a computer geek :/ all drivers up to date ,hub is working ok.I can connect to 5ghz from my iphone but not from PC

Govan1x 18:36 03 Nov 2015

maybe have a look here from PCA.

Click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Black Friday 2018 : date, sites participants & bons plans