bt hub 5 ,can't use 5ghz connection

[email protected] 14:51 03 Nov 2015

Today I have installed hub 5 BT ,since that time i can no longer use 5ghz connection it is showing but i can't go on it message displayed says "can't connect to this network " ssid changed ,smart set up disabled, Realtek 8821AE wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC here any idea ??? I was fine on hub 4 no problems using both 2 and 5 ghz as far as I know hub is ok this what Bt claim so I'm really confused here thx for any clues

Govan1x 15:22 03 Nov 2015

Just set it to the 2.4ghz selection and it should work ok using that.

[email protected] 15:34 03 Nov 2015

Thanks for the replay ,well it works fine on 2.4 ghz but in my case it is all about that speed which not accessible with 2.4 I have to add that my fast connection is only "fast" from a name cuz I'm far away form the exchange .

Govan1x 15:42 03 Nov 2015

All a bit confusing so maybe have a read. This is basically to set it to the 2.4ghz not sure if it also connects to the 5Ghz

Click here

No doubt someone will be able to give you a better fix. My Computer and laptop will only connect to the 2.4Ghz connection using Virginmedia.

[email protected] 16:20 03 Nov 2015

I have already done this ,confused here really . I was ok using 2 and 5 ghz on hub4 no problems at all with 5 things are different and I don't have clue why .I'm not a computer geek :/ all drivers up to date ,hub is working ok.I can connect to 5ghz from my iphone but not from PC

Govan1x 18:36 03 Nov 2015

maybe have a look here from PCA.

Click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare preview

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Apple Watch Series 5 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs