BT Home Hub Wireless problems

Chadders1989 11:14 19 Oct 2007

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Ive been working at he damn thing for some time now.
I have a BT Home Hub, and desktop pc connected via ethernet, no problems. I recently attempted to add a laptop into this network, but am unable to do so. The netgear wireless card picks up the home hub, and it read that the connection is active and of a good strength. When i attempt to connect to the internet i cannot load any webpages, or access any messaging services, which suggest the internet is not enabled for some reason? I know there is a wireless connection as my Xbox 360 connects no problems. Any ideas?

Technotiger 11:24 19 Oct 2007
  iarno 11:27 19 Oct 2007

Have you entered the hub key and wep code into your laptop. both are found on the back of the hub.

I

Chadders1989 11:56 19 Oct 2007

Under WEP it says create with passphrase, which is blank, and then Enter Key Manually. Which do i need to enter?

Technotiger 13:42 19 Oct 2007

You need to enter the WEP Key as found on the back of the hub.

Chadders1989 14:44 19 Oct 2007

Brilliant. My latptop now has internet access. Thanks. Just a side effect- i now have on my desktop pc, "Internet Gateway- internet unavailable-device disabled", although i am on the internet as i write this. Will this affect the connection?

Technotiger 15:18 19 Oct 2007

Hmm, not sure really, I would suggest you just ignore it as long as everything is working OK.

Technotiger 15:52 19 Oct 2007

Been some further research re Internet Gateway etc ...

It has I believe something to do with the Xbox, how is your Xbox connected?

Technotiger 15:54 19 Oct 2007

PS - perhaps you may need to re-set your Xbox connection? But just guessing.

iarno 19:53 19 Oct 2007

Chadders1989 glad you got it sorted.

Technotiger I left it to you as I would only have repeated your advice. besides I had a bit to do in the garden so took advantage of the sunshine.

I.

Technotiger 19:58 19 Oct 2007

Nice weather for a spot of gardening - I only have a Balcony/Fire-escape ... sob sob :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?