Hot Topics

BT Email receiving emails OK but not sending

collinsc 16:35 27 Mar 2020
Answered

Hi All

Would really appreciate some help for an issue my Dad is facing. Normally i'd be over there looking to find a fix as he is not too savvy.

He says he is receiving emails OK but they are not always sending. He first had the error on 25/03 and then it cleared (after i told him to try a restart!) and he was able to send mails. But today he has said he has the same issue. I am including below the response he received first time round from "SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR" (so he says). NB: I am the intended recipient "Chris X" "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     RE: MOT

Sent:  25/03/2020 10:55

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Chris X' on 25/03/2020 10:55

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-3-2) ID (5E3A16DE0792B914)

"

Advice really appreciated so i can text him how to resolve.

Thank you!

collinsc 16:42 27 Mar 2020

• He has sent to me thousands of times before and no problem

• He uses the outlook application for mail not browser based

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 27 Mar 2020

Looks like the spam filters are stopping it

tell him to change the subject line and it will probably get through OK

collinsc 17:53 27 Mar 2020

thanks very much, will advise him!

collinsc 18:18 27 Mar 2020

Im afraid that did not work. He tried sending new mails with different subject line. Other attempted fix suggestions appreciated.

wee eddie 20:16 27 Mar 2020

This may sound silly but, have you asked him what he is trying to send, and where?

compumac 20:39 27 Mar 2020

Has he tried to send and receive to himself?

wee eddie 22:18 27 Mar 2020

But What

collinsc 06:16 28 Mar 2020

Hi. Yes he has tried to send to himself unsuccessfully .

He is trying to send me a simple text mail.

I sent him an email yesterday with subject “test” and content just saying to reply to my mail and he was unable to get that sent through .

compumac 08:28 28 Mar 2020

"Has he tried to send and receive to himself"

"But What"

Whenever I have had problems receiving and/or sending, I have sent e-mails from my e-mail address to mys e-mail address thereby confirming that the problem is not necessarily at my end

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:56 28 Mar 2020

Assuming he uses the mail app in windows 10 he could try resetting it. worth backing up emails first if he wants to keep them.

Start - settings -apps - apps and features - cscroll down to mail and canader - advanced settings - reset.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Why you can't get the Windows 10 May update yet

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Upcoming 11in iPad Air to switch Lightning for USB-C

Déconfinement : tout savoir sur l’application StopCovid