BT Broadband Dialer

User-E70658AE-BDD7-4DD5-AE5EE3B7769D7D2C 13:17 28 Nov 2005

I have searched high and low throughout the BT empire for a BT Broadband Dialer to download. There does not appear to be one. Surely they don't just rely on their CD welcome pack!

Any suggestions please

TonyV 20:25 29 Nov 2005

It is interesting reading all the comments above. I use a Thomson Speedtouch Modem from BT Yahoo, and looked at my "dialling" number and it was 0. I changed it to 0,38, which, from memory, is what it was when I first changed over to Broadband, and it dialled up fine. I also changed it to "adsl" and it still dialled up fine. So a number seems to be something and nothing. I have left it on "adsl".

TonyV

TonyV 20:46 29 Nov 2005

Even stranger, I took the "number" out all together and just left it blank. It dialled up quicker than with a number there!!

TonyV

phono 00:15 01 Dec 2005

Broadband doesn't need a number as it is not a dial-up connection as is always on, some ISPs use a sort of "pseudo dial-up" to connect to the network, in this way when users aren't actually connected bandwidth is freed up. At least that is what I think is the case, I am sure if I am wrong I will be enlightened by others who are more knowledgeable on the matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?