BT BB or Telewest BB?

swapper 13:09 24 Jul 2006

It has been suggested to me that I should move from BT Broadband to Telewest Broadband/Telephone etc.
Any comments please? I could save quite a bit of cash if I did, but I wonder about the service.

Tia

VoG II 13:10 24 Jul 2006

Telewest service is excellent. I've had TV and phone since the mid 90s and cable broadband since 2001.

ArrGee 14:52 24 Jul 2006

Worth looking out for the BT Sky BB battle. Rumours suggest BT may end up going 'free' as well. I've had BT for a number of years now and it's been just fine.

swapper 15:08 24 Jul 2006

VoG™, thank you.

ArrGee, I have had BT for some years myself now, and I have had a very good service also. but the Telewest package seems very good.

De Marcus™ 15:30 24 Jul 2006

Telewest service is superb imo. As is the broadband speed, TV and phone. click here and find out for yourself regarding them as an isp.

ianeon 15:41 24 Jul 2006

Here on Tyneside, Telewest is miles better than BT, you can also get some good package deals from them

Furkin 23:11 24 Jul 2006

I find B.T fine,,, when it's working,,,,, but customer service leaves a hell of a lot to be desired, actually none existant at times.
Was considering V21,,,, till now,,,, I can't even access their site !

cheers all

pac73 23:18 24 Jul 2006

Ive had telewest for 8 months now,both phone and bb.And i have to say i cant fault them on anything.

User-312386 23:35 24 Jul 2006

I have had there 10mb service for ages and am so impressed

There tech support is second to none and its an 0845 number

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:44 24 Jul 2006

you quote "There tech support is second to none and its an 0845 number"
How do you know that, if the service is so good?

I don't know what BT's tech support is like, because in all the years I've been with them I've never had to use it!

That's how I judge a service.

josie mayhem 23:47 24 Jul 2006

I find BT very good, when I had to phone support even though the department that I really needed wasn't answering the phone, the person who I speak to (dave) asked what the problem actualy was, and from his own eperience could sort me out any way.....

Sadly I don't have the advange of telewest or any other comapany that provide cable television as well in my area so I can't comment on that part.

But it does sicken me, I get all the adverts on the telly about combaining telly/BB/phone service at a good rate..... :-((((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts