BT BB and Linux

BBez 23:04 11 May 2005

anyone help me out here, wan't to run Mandrake 10 > OS and not sure if drivers are available for the Speedtouch 330 USB modem provided by BT so i can get BB connection...

is there a good availability of software to perform most tasks that you can do in Windows XP..?

tia...

Dennis Goycoolea 01:53 12 May 2005

"wan't to run Mandrake 10 > OS and not sure if drivers are available for the Speedtouch 330 USB modem provided by BT so i can get BB connection..."

They are, it's just a case of telling Mandrake you have a Speedtouch modem when you set up the Internet connection. It will tell you to copy the microcode over from your driver CD, but you can also get it here: click here

"is there a good availability of software to perform most tasks that you can do in Windows XP..?"

This is a huge question: it really depends on what tasks you're interested in. :) Mandrake / Mandriva comes with thousands of programs, so yes, if you can think of something you might want to do with a computer there's probably a program that will do it.

Dennis

BBez 21:18 12 May 2005

thanks for the link and info, got drivers now...

will run mandrake 10.1 for a few weeks then hopefully manage to bin windows xp...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?