BSOD - NETIO.SYS Windows 10

RobCharles1981 21:59 25 Aug 2019

Hi all I've been getting these BSOD's my O/S is Windows 10 Pro and the BSOD is relating to "Netio.Sys" on a search its saying it's to do with my Network Controller and I've not really had a problem ever since until now.

I'm getting either "Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal" or the latest one that happened was "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

Any help please? Thanks Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:03 25 Aug 2019

Assume this has happened after a recent update.

windows updates seem to replace driver with generic windows drivers giving these sort of errors all your errors point to a corrupt driver

I suggest you try and roll back the network adaptor driver and see if that solves the problem.

RobCharles1981 22:20 25 Aug 2019

Hi Fruit Bat,

That's what I'm thinking. I did that, and uninstalled the driver then re-installed but it still seams to happen?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 25 Aug 2019

if you reinstalled you got the same driver back.

go to the manufacturers web site (motherboard maker) and download the driver from there

RobCharles1981 10:19 29 Aug 2019

That I've done and cleaned installed the drivers and the problem still seems to be happening.

RobCharles1981 21:39 01 Sep 2019

Bump!

RobCharles1981 23:14 04 Sep 2019

So is anyone going to offer me advice on this please?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)