BSOD Fatal Extn error, disconect from USB B-Band

Giggle n' Bits 13:38 22 Aug 2004

On my 98Se machine, when disconnecting from my usb Broadband, Wanadoo 512K using Thompson Speedtouch 440 USB Modem, microFilters on all phones I get a BSOD Fatal Excpeption error.
Motherboard is an Asus A7V266, 512MB DDR, Athlon 1.4GHz, via Chipset, Nvidia AGP x4 64MB card.

I right click on the icon flashing computer screens in system tray near clock to disconnect.

Anyone know what this problem is please. It is new as I have just connected the BBand this week.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 22 Aug 2004

Update your drivers click here

Giggle n' Bits 00:48 23 Aug 2004

but from that link above you post, which link takes me to the drivers please and I take it you mean the drivers for the Thompson USB SpeedTouch 330 (not 440) Modem.

Giggle n' Bits 00:49 23 Aug 2004

but from that link above you post, which link takes me to the drivers please and I take it you mean the drivers for the Thompson USB SpeedTouch 330 (not 440) Modem.

Giggle n' Bits 00:16 24 Aug 2004

Problem still there.

Giggle n' Bits 20:36 25 Aug 2004

the same problem, I also get the following.
As soon as starting pc to desktop the dial up window appears for me to connect to the wanadoo & also when shutting machine down desktop icons clear then dial up window comes & you have to click cancel to be able to shut the machine down fully.

Help please

Dorsai 21:11 25 Aug 2004

Problems of this general type seem far to common.

"i cant turn my PC on with my BB USB medem pluggd in"

"i cant shut my PC down with my BB USB medem pluggd in"

Etc.

I don't know the answer.

I have had this type of prob start, be there for a week, and go, and the only thing that is common to them is that i update all my stuff every friday. So the prob appears one friday, and goes the next.

I just am guessing that Microsoft plug one gap, only to upset the connection/modem/USB, or it might be Norton, or Spybot, or whoever. When i update the next friday, the update downloads, and hiden in the update is the fix for the problem the last update caused.

IE...- opps we made an error, we wont say so, and will fix it with the next patch...

A week last friday my CD-rom and DVD drive went on holiday....Then later that week i updated, and HEY PRRESTO, they came back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?