Bsod errors, is my pc dead

William Snushall 22:31 15 Sep 2019

I am getting bsod errors 'inaccessible boot device' so my pc is not starting up and I cannot boot in safe mode as I get another bsod 'critical process died' is this the end for my pc? What can I do to fix this

Govan1x 23:32 15 Sep 2019

Maybe check in the Bios that your hard drive is set to boot first.

probably not that but worth a try till someone can give you better advise.

William Snushall 23:46 15 Sep 2019

Yea I've been in BIOS and set the HDD but unfortunately that didn't fix it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 19 Sep 2019

Have you tried booting from a USB drive with a linux distro or a windows media boot drive,

it is possible your hard drive is corrupt or dying and may need to run a chkdsk /f/r

or even replace the HDD

MikeT85 23:12 26 Sep 2019

Did you perhaps transfer that hard drive from another computer and trying to boot it up from another mother board. If so, the blue screens are from the hard disk controller.

Does your computer ever go into "Attempting repairs"? which then can allow you to access command prompt? Blue screens are generally easy to fix, your main issue is that you need to somehow access command prompt to run a chkdsk.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

The Best Free Fonts Every Designer Should Have 2019

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Xiaomi Mi 10 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs