BSOD Driver power state failure 9f

oldfox 15:04 05 Mar 2018

Hi everyone, I realise this question has been asked a few times, but I cannot seem to find a solution to the continuing BSOD.First my system: Acer Aspire 5920G Duo T7300 processor 2GHz 4GB DDR2 RAM Gforce 8600m graphics. Windows Vista 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Service pack 2

Over time I have upgraded my OS from Vista to Win 7, then 10. However, with 10 the laptop became very unstable and would 'hang' for no known reason. Even though Microsoft tells me my computer should run 10, I found out that many of the drivers were not available and think this was the cause of most of the problems. I decided to reset the laptop to factory settings. (Vista). All went well and my system seems much faster. However, I keep getting the BSOD mentioned in the title and even though I have tried a few solutions it keeps occurring. Worryingly, it has occurred twice whilst the laptop was performing a dskchk during startup. Each occurrance brings a different set of figures in the dump file.Here is a random example: BC Code 9f BCP1 0000003 2 8706F6F0 3 88371028 4 86C556D0

Fortunately, I keep all my data on another partition, so I have lost nothing except time to re-install the programs. I will be very grateful if anyone can suggest what may be going on. Although I have twice had the BSOD during the dskchk, I have not yet had one whilst in safe mode, as I am now. Thanks for reading all this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?