XP Home sp3 - working perfectly last night now the BSOD on bootup this morning. I have tried last known good but no success and system restored back a few times via safe mode and I am now back where I was last night. Boots into safe mode ok but sfc doesn't appear to run in safe mode. Anything else I can try?
A friend of mine is changing his xp pc to a vista premium pc, he has about 8gig of music in his itune folder, is it possible to transfer his existing itunes folder to his new pc. I have googled this but there seems to be a conflict of opinion, some say save it to a memeory stick and then transfer it ,other say this wont work you have to transfer the library files as well, bit confused can anyone help thankyou
Sri for delay - weekly shopping. No other info on the error line, exactly as I stated. The BAD reference could be "Sectors"? I have been ploughing through the MS stuff with regard to the "7E" Stop but it's all getting a bit heavy. I am currently working through this advice: click here Thanks for the link baldydave, I was there before I gave my pension to the checkout.... Uhhhh, Hi Kingfisher! So, another quiet evening at home trying to fix instead of working/playing :-( Maybe this IS working? Let you know how I get on of course ;-)
It's worse now, merde! Having read it may be a driver issue, I followed MS advice and looked at the drivers recently installed which were un-signed. This happened to be my Acronis program. I disabled it then tried a reboot and now I am unable to get into Safe Mode. The error message has changed though so I have made some progress arf arf arf. It's now a 7B error which points heavily at a driver issue. I don't have the Repair option so I think I will get a new HDD and do a clean install on that then mount my other HDD's as slaves in order to recover the data, unless anyone has any other ideas? Get outside a bottle of wine perhaps...
I have tried the chkdsk via recovery console and although it advised me "it had found one or more errors on the volume" it still won't boot into safe mode. I think I will go with my plan B and fit a new HDD. Thanks for taking an interest.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.