Broken PSU is discontinued

  Ahhhfreakout 21:59 21 Aug 2007

Hello all.

I've got a 3-4 year old PC with a HPC-360-202 PSU which I believe has finally given up the ghost. Sadly, I do not have access to another PC with the same (working) PSU and a google for it reveals that the PSU is now discontinued.

Is there anything I can do apart from hope that someone sells one on ebay!?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

  woodchip 22:01 21 Aug 2007

Get a new Case with PSU in it and move your bits over. Make sure it as the right connections for you Mobo and Drives and Graphics

  Technotiger 22:03 21 Aug 2007

Any ATX PSU will drive your pc - I would suggest getting something like a 400w one. Just measure your old PSU and make sure that you get one with the same proportions so that it will fit in your case.

  Strawballs 22:04 21 Aug 2007

As long as it is a standard PSU then most will fit

  woodchip 22:06 21 Aug 2007

I think it's none standard, it's a HP

  Strawballs 22:10 21 Aug 2007

If that is the case woody then I would go along with your suggestion.

  Ahhhfreakout 22:12 21 Aug 2007

Well it's an old Mesh desktop and here's what the PSU looks like:

click here

  Technotiger 22:14 21 Aug 2007

It is a typical standard PSU.

  woodchip 22:19 21 Aug 2007

Yes that's a plain PSU any should fit, but buy a good one as if it blows it may take you Motherboard CPU and Drives out with it. It did on a 98se comp on mine

  Strawballs 22:27 21 Aug 2007

The only thing is not all PSU's have the socket for the monitor so you might have to get another power cable for it if your new one doesn't have it.

  Ahhhfreakout 22:30 21 Aug 2007

Ok, thanks for your advice guys. Any recommendations for supplier(s)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review: Hands-on

How to add texture to hand-drawn artworks

Best free iPad apps 2018

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?