Broadband- which one?

algernonymous 17:30 02 Jul 2004

I would really like broadband and it is available in my area, but- I am moving home at end of July and may be moving again within a year after that. Does anyone know of an isp that provides free connection, a free modem, charges less than £20 a month, but mainly- doesn't charge if you change addresses? (or doesn't charge too much).

The Kestrel 18:48 02 Jul 2004

I have just moved to broadband with Pipex for £19.99 p/m (1Gb/month) with no 12 month contract. It includes free modem and connection. They were very quick setting up the line, and kept me up to date with regular emails. The equipment arrived well before activation date and was very easy to install. I was up and running in less than 20 minutes.Support (local call rate) is excellent. I had a slight problem setting up my email account, my fault not theirs, but they patiently checked through with me until it was correct. I can recommend them.

algernonymous 21:52 10 Jul 2004

Thanks, am checking them out.

algernonymous 12:12 11 Jul 2004

Latest info;
Plusnet - £14.99, 512k, 1Gb, modem from £34.99
Nildram - £15.99, 512k, 1Gb, set-up £58.75 Move location-£14.99
Pipex - £19.99, 512k, 1Gb, free setup/activation Move loc.-? (£58.75?-awaiting reply to email)

Thanks dipso, djohn

I guess Nildram is looking best at mo' Setup fee spread over 12 months would equate to around £20 per mnth, move for £15 looks good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9