broadband provider?

stuj77 13:13 29 Oct 2004

I have recently got Pipex Xtreme Solo 500 bb, and after seeing it my brother now wants to get bb.

However being careful with money is what he is looking for. Having looked over quite a few providers the general pattern is that if you get modem etc and set up fee free, you genrally pay less a month but with a hefty set up fee or/and you have to pay for the equipment.

He is attracted by the cheap prices of the services with a limited bandwidth, however I have stated the advantages of having an unlimlited service such as mine.

Does anyone have any sugesstions for good bb suppliers with good rates and not too hefty up front fees. He is looking for a 512k connection the same as mine.
Thanks
stuj77

Noelg23 13:17 29 Oct 2004

Central Point do a 512K service for £18.99, activation is only £29! no free modem so I would recommend buying your own, unlimited usage and on top of that no minimum 12 month contract, only 3 months then ongoing after that...click here check it out and see what you think...

pj123 13:47 29 Oct 2004
  stuj77 14:23 29 Oct 2004

Would I be right in thinking that to set up the service he would need a usb bb modem and two micro filters. Suppose cost would be round 35 mark for the lot.

What is the best place to get these. Is dabs the best?

jbaker65 14:46 29 Oct 2004

I use V21 @£16.99 a month for 512kb. Been with them for over a year and never had a moments trouble. No limits, No contract.

dagwoood 19:24 29 Oct 2004

Further to pj123's link, this is another good site to compare broadband providers click here

dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?