Broadband not connecting on start uo

MrWit 22:12 15 Dec 2009

If I set to dial default connection I get a dialogue box to connect on start up and then again each time I launch IE or outlook or connect to differanr web sites.
The way I get round this is to set default to never dial and then connect manually, which sets me up until I power down. Any help would be appreciated

Sea Urchin 22:40 15 Dec 2009

Are you connecting using an Ethernet cable direct to your modem/router or is it a wireless connection?

You are right to have the dial up option set to Never dial a connection - but your broadband Internet connection should be live as soon as you boot up the computer.

MrWit 06:26 16 Dec 2009

I am connected via cable to my modem. Broadband used to connect on boot up but not for some time.

MrWit 21:14 16 Dec 2009

Cable, broadband used to connect on boot but no longer??

Sea Urchin 00:12 17 Dec 2009

After you boot up go to Control Panel - network Connections - is your Local Area Connection (LAN) showing, and if so does it show as Connected?

MrWit 21:18 20 Dec 2009

All seems to be back normal, now connecting on boot up. Not sure what I have done except that I was set to dial up which I have now changed as you confirmed. All other settings are as you suggest. Thansk for your help will close this thread down for now. Happy Xmas.

Sea Urchin 21:29 20 Dec 2009

Thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts