Broadband

[email protected] 21:37 13 Oct 2005

I am considering upgrading from Dial-Up to Broadband.I have WinXP Home.I am with Supanet as my ISP.I understand that I require a new modem but does this need installing in the Tower case?Do I keep my e-mail address,logon name and password?Is Tiscali a good Broadband ISP as they are cheaper than Supanet?Do I install Broadband from a software program?As you can probably gather I am rather in the dark about the conversion.Any advise would be most welcome.

ventanas 21:42 13 Oct 2005

No matter who you go with (I am with Wanadoo) you will get an external modem (USB) an installation cd and instructions. Wanadoo are only £14.99 for 6 months (2mb) at the moment. If you change ISP you will have a different email address.

PC Bilbo 22:36 13 Oct 2005

In addition to ventanas's comments,if you download a lot, take note of download limits imposed by different ISP's.Some are unlimited and others place various restrictions.

Also if you upload a lot look at that as well. I'm with NTL who have upgraded me from 600KB t6o 2MB for same price over 2 years but their upload is still a measly 128KB/s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?